Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Week 37

Baby R is now full term!  We made it! She still has some maturing and plumping up to do but she could arrive at any time.  Brad and I are looking forward to meeting her and seeing her for the first time.  I am now going to the doctor weekly to get a check up.  So far everything is going great!  I am measuring exactly how I should and she said the baby is probably close to 7 lbs.    Hopefully she doesn't get much bigger than that!  She has also dropped and is putting more pressure on my bladder and other places which is very uncomfortable.  The doctor said she can feel the baby's head and it has gotten much lower than it was last week.  I have also begun to dilate which was great news.   Even though it doesn't really tell us when she is coming but it's good to know that my body is getting itself ready and doing exactly what it should be doing. Braxton Hicks contractions have become noticeable and happening almost daily, usually in the evening.  I could go into labor any day now which is exciting and scary all at the same time.   I remember when we just found out we were pregnant and it seemed like the end was so far away and now its here!  And boy do I look pregnant!  I can't  believe how big my stomach has gotten.  Now every time I go out, people always ask, how far along are you? and boy, you have to be getting close! or how much longer do you have?  I must really look like the end is near.   Here I am at 37 weeks:



*Maternity Clothes: Yes, but even those are getting snug.  
*Sleep: The body pillow is a life saver, but its more challenging than ever to get comfortable. 
*Stretch Marks: They have made a presents and I am not thrilled!
*Best Moments of the week: Hearing her heartbeat and finding out my body is preparing for labor!
*Miss Anything: Sleeping, my old body, being able to tie my shoes comfortably, and walking without  
   feeling like I have to pee every 30 minutes. 
*Food Cravings: Ice cream, candy, and anything sweet
*Anything making you queasy or sick: Yes, when I over eat. 
*Have you started to show yet: Yes, its hard to miss.  
*Gender: It's a Girl! 
*Belly Button in or out: in, but becoming more and more flat. 
*Wedding Rings on or off: Off, and not thrilled. 
*Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, unless I am very uncomfortable
*Looking forward to:  Meeting our little one. It's almost December!
*How's the hubs: He's getting more and more exciting now that her arrival is near, as well as, becoming more and more patient with my frequent potty breaks.  His office threw him a surprise baby shower this past week and he enjoyed opening all of the amazing gifts his coworkers got her. He even got a daddy survival kit that included goggles and a nose plug as well as kleenex's to wipe her and his tears away. So cute! 

Brad & Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment